Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Follow me on this

Rarely am I ever inclined to make the same dinner in one week. I am all for comfort food and love leftovers, but cooking the same thing twice in a week isn't really my style. Too bad for eric as he is the guy who once he finds something he likes at at restaurant he rarely strays from that. Even if the restaurant is owned by his wife and that is where he eats 80% of his dinners. He would be happy with the same thing twice. That being said, I am seriously considering making this tomato sauce again (click here for link). I made it last friday and not only was it easy, it was amazing. I can still taste it. Both kids also ate it. Mette I am sure will scream like it is poison this time, but hey, what can you do. The recipe comes from one of my favorite food sites. She posts lots of things I want to try and I haven't been steered wrong once. I will say however that she must have some super fancy stove (at least fancy compared to my vintage 1912 model) because I always have to extend the baking times on things. Plus, who doesn't love a sight about food with pictures like that! So if you are like me, you might have all the ingredients for this in your pantry now. If you do, I suggest you scrap what you had planned for dinner, and make this instead. You'll thank me as soon as it gets to a good simmer and you whole house starts to smell divine.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm totally trying that sauce, asap.

phoebe said...

you will be very happy!