Sunday, January 17, 2010

Travels to KY

These pictures are a long time coming, but I am finally getting around to getting them up. Earlier this month Mette,my mom and I went to Kentucky to visit my sister who just had a baby. Mette and Otto's first cousin, Owen. He was a total bundle of cuteness. Mette was most interested in stealing his nuks. She won't take one herself, but if she can take it from a baby, score! Trying to gouge out his eyes in a loving way was also top of her list. While there she took great pleasure in axp. 75 trips up the un-gated stairs each day. She also seemed quite thrilled with the sleeping arrangements. She slept in bed together with my mom and I. Somehow even though she was the smallest member, she by far claimed the most real estate. I awoke more than once to find my mom and I teetering on the edges of the bed with her sprawled out in the middle. Stinker. She woke up each morning bright and early at 6:30 with a cheerful exclamation of GA!! She would then throw herself on my mom with a "graamaa" while kicking me in the face and vice versa. As far as little girls go, it was the perfect start to your day.

In addition to stealing Owen's nuks, she managed to lay claim to bib or two....
Snugglin' with Grandma

On the drive from the airport we passed by the town of Crittenden Ky. Special because that is my grandmother's maiden name and we have many a famous relative from Ky. Always nice to have a town named after you family. Notice the weather outside, we managed to hit KY during a snowstorm and freezing cold weather. Not too bad for us Northerners, but everyone there was pretty freaked out!!
note: I am awaiting photo approval on more with "the baby".

No comments: