Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Question

I have a serious question, one that I would like some answers to. When they say " a little dirt never hurt anyone", how much do they mean by "little". Do they mean a few toddler sized handfuls a week (I had day in there but then I thought about rainy or too cold days and switched to week). Do they mean less (oh boy, I hope not), more (please, please, this is the one I am hoping for). How about the other sayings, "God made dirt and it don't hurt" or "they have to eat a pound of dirt a year". I also heard that as a pound of dirt in your life but I don't want to believe that so I am not counting that. Were those saying made up by moms like me who may have to deal with some dirt eating everyday? Did their children grow up big and strong with immune systems of steel as my friend Rachel always says Otto will have?
Why do you ask and I worried about this....Oh, no reason...

Certain adorable someones who love to help mommy do yard work happen to think that dirt is delicious. I am trying really hard to not let him eat whole handfuls, but let me tell you, this little bugger is sneaky!


But when he discovers the first daffodil in the yard that is blooming it is the most adorable thing and makes you not care how much dirt he eats. Letting him explore the yard all afternoon is worth every bit of dirt he can eat... right?

No comments: