Saturday, September 15, 2007

Update from Mom

NEWS!!

so I haven't been wanting to say anything for fear of jinxing our good run, but, Otto is sleeping!! Since Labor Day weekend he has been sleeping in the crib. We can now put him down even if he is not totally asleep and he will fall asleep in the crib if you rub his back. Then he started stretching out to 3 and 4 hour stretches. Last night he slept for 6 hours. Not only that, I did too!!! He is still doing 2 and 3 hour stints at the beginning of the night. Last night he slept from 7 - 9:30, 9:30 - 11:30 and then 11:30 - 5:30. After he nursed in the morning it took until 6:45 to get him back to sleep. He was pretty sure we should start out day then but persistence on the part of Eric and I got him back to sleep until 8:20!! Now what did I do with my new sleep filled brain you ask? Well I noticed how much I need to clean so I scrubbed the bathrooms, really scrubbed with bleach until they gleamed. Then I noticed that the living room windows also needed a good scrubbing so I tackled those inside and out. They look wonderful now which is nice. It was nice to get things done, but it will be even nicer to lounge tonight knowing that I accomplished something today. I am sure there will be set backs going forward, but we have made so much progress in the past month it is just amazing. He continues to be the cutest kid around but the sleeping is just so awesome. There is rumor that at some point kids actually sleep through the night, but I am not going to believe that until I see it. Oh yeah, the sleeping is getting so good we (eric and i) went on a date this past thursday. We have a bucknell student who watches him every tuesday for a couple hours and he really likes her. She came as we were putting him down. Once he was out we headed down the street to dinner. We made it home before he woke for his next feeding which was perfect. It was crazy, just eric and i together, eating at the same time. What is the world coming to? Eric took some great video of a green bean incident which we will get up soon. Since it has been a bit since I posted any pictures I will take some tomorrow and post them.

No comments: