Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Watkins Glen

So a week ago Mom and Dad took me to Watkin's Glen for the historic car races. They had been telling me how much fun we were going to have for weeks. They bought me these noise blocking headphones which I have been mastering the art of removing, it was sure to be a blast. Well Sunday when we woke up at the cabin, ready to head to the Glen, it was raining. Word on the street was there was a HUGE thunderstorm in the night, but I slept through that. This was pre-cold as you can tell since I slept. It is still a little over an hour drive from the cabin to the Glen so we packed up and headed out hoping that the weather would be better further north. Well such was not the case. We managed to see some cool cars before the rain got too intense to be outside, but due the weather they were not running any races. By the time we got there a lot of people had already left, and those who were still around where packing up shop. One really cool site was The Bugatti Club of America had a rather impressive tent set up with easily a couple million dollars worth of cars under on tent. Dad took a video of one revving up the engine.


No comments: