Monday, March 24, 2008

Shindig

On the saturday after Otto's birthday we hosted a joint birthday party for Otto and three of his buddies who all have birthdays within a month of one another. It was crazy. We invited all of the playgroup kids which meant 7 kids under 13 months of age and all the parents that go along with those kids. Fortunately we divided the hosting duties among all of the birthday kids parents so it wasn't all on us. Megan brought the decorations and came early to put them up, Missy got wraps and salad while Milo and Robin got munchies and drinks. I made the cupcakes and forfeited my downstairs. Our house is set up well for lots of people roaming about and the downstairs has been Otto proofed so it works well for kids. It felt like complete chaos, but everyone seemed to have a good time. Even the kids. The cupcakes were a big hit, I thought for sure I would never get Otto to eat an applesauce sweetened muffin again, but he still likes them. This was Otto's first taste of real sugar. It went down pretty well. Since his birthday he has discovered that he really likes cookies as well. He will plow down anything in his way to beg at your side if he thinks you have a cookie, which you of course were planning on sharing with him. I can't complain though, he is a really good eater. He is very adventurous and eats well at most meals. His local, organic, homemade diet is doing him well as he continues to grow like a weed.There is nothing organic about the blue icing goodness he is smearing all over his face!
I made cupcakes that looked like bugs for everyone. I even made one for each birthday boy with their initials on it. Now I have to think of what I am going to do next year!

No comments: