Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Recap

Back again. Things have been in full swing here. Last week was the last week for our playspace/playgroup. We normally take the summer off because who wants to be inside when you can play outside, but this year we are losing our space so it all had to be cleaned up and packed away. There wasn't a place to keep it so I offered our third floor. They really did need a place because they took me up on it. This meant thursday and friday I madly cleaned the third floor to get it ready for all of the stuff, then saturday with the help of other moms, it all was carried to the third floor. Fun... There are a ton of those nice rubber mats that fit together like a puzzle which we thought should be cleaned before being put to use. Sunday was spent scrubbing mats and toys. Luckily Rachel came to help so it went a lot faster. The kids in Otto's group are going to have an awesome rainy day play spot this summer that is for sure. It is really looking cool. I have been washing all the fabric toys over the course of this week. Right now my yard is strewn with dress up clothes and puppets drying in the sun. It looks pretty funny.
Otto has been hilarious lately. He is really into dancing. Eric is working on cutting together a video of that which will be up soon. I just saw a rough cut and it is wonderful! He is also really starting to say more. On friday before heading over to Leo's house when I asked him if he wanted to go to Leo's house he said "leo" just like that. All the time there are more words. Last night we were playing in the yard and he fell on the brick path. He was getting up and looking down at the ground, he stood up and said "Ann". I asked "did you say, Ant". Sure enough he started pointing to the mound of ants crawling on the sidewalk. It is really amazing.
I have a ton of pictures to post which I won't be able to do all right now. I will get some up from more family being here which are long over due, plus I have adorable ones of him playing in the rain. I'll see how much I can do before we have to leave.





No comments: