Saturday, June 21, 2008

Dah-Dee Mah-Mee

Otto's language continues to grow every day. For a while he has been obsessed with Daddy. All day long he asks for Daddy, Daddy, Daddy. For a while I thought he would start calling him Daddy-Work, which is what I always say when he calls for him. "Daddy is at work." In the past few days he has finally mastered Mommy as well. Now he calls to Daddy, waves hi to him, calls to Mommy, waves hi to me then says Otto and rubs his tummy. It is adorable. This morning while I was getting dressed to go to a meeting he was standing at the bottom of the stairs calling "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy". It is the coolest sound. He hasn't worn out the charm yet asking over and over again for something he can't have. Also this morning when I went in to get him when he woke up he said "Mommy!" as soon as I started to open the door and was waving at me. Last week when I went in to get him all he would say was "Daddy" so this was an exciting change.
Seeing your little Dude walk around all day with an IV port coming out of his arm makes it an easy decision to take him for a milkshake after dinner. Here are some pics of ice cream love at the Freez from last night. You can see him pointing out the big trucks as they pass and even giving my Teaberry cone a try.





No comments: