Saturday, June 14, 2008

First correct car ID

One thing about Otto really not feeling well for so long and being very low key, his language has exploded! He is saying new words all the time. And I don't just mean words that only eric and i can understand, real words that anyone can understand. It is really amazing. Case in point...
Last night we went out for a "hooray, you are feeling better" celebratory milkshake at the Freez her in town. The Freez has two great draws for Otto, milkshakes no.1 and the traffic. It is located right on the highway with lots of trucks, cars and motorcycles. We knew he really wasn't doing well last week when we took him for a milkshake and he didn't even want one. Now that he is feeling better we thought we would take him back so he and daddy could share a tasty treat. It works out well, eric loves milkshakes and otto loves to share them, I get to eat my ice cream all by myself.
So while eric and otto were sitting on the picnic bench watching the cars go by, eric pointed out a new VW beetle that was parked near by to otto and said called it a beetle. Otto clear as day repeated it back to eric and to me when I came over with the milkshake. Tonight we were up in his room before bedtime and eric and otto were coloring on the chalk walls. Eric drew a very crude (I don't think he will be offended by me calling it that) outline of a VW beetle. Before he was even done, Otto pointed at it and said, "Beetle" clear as day. It's official, I am calling that the first accurate car recognition. He should be able to pick out a Porsche in a few months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

C'mon! Give your kid some credit. I bet he will be able to pick out a Lotus tomorrow and a Porsche by tuesday.