Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tumbling class

So anyone who has seen me lately can tell you that the concept of tumbling class is something I would like.  I had my first class last week and it was wonderful.  Both mom and dad came so they could get some shots of me in action.  It was pretty thrill packed and I think they were both glad to have more than one person to chase me around.  We will see how it goes tomorrow when it will just be mom.  Mom was a little worried that the teacher would have a lot of exercises that we would be expected to do and "follow the leader".  Not my strong suit.  There was a bit of that in the beginning but I was actually one of the only kids who was moving at all while the teacher did, not that anything I was doing really looked like what the teacher was doing, but it was nice to see that the other kids were equally flummoxed by the concept.  
After a few exercises we made a big obstacle course which was a lot fun.  There was a station for each kid.  We each got to try the station we were at, then when the teacher blew the whistle we moved to the next station.  There was a balance beam which I was pretty good at.  I practice all the time by walking on the edge of the curb.  There was a trampoline, hula hoops to jump in, all kinds of cool things.  
When we were all done with the stations we got to go over to the vault side of the room.  There we had to run down a long path to a spring board and jump, that was cool.  Plus there was this HUGE long trampoline for us to run down.  None of us can really jump yet, but when we can we are supposed to bunny hop the whole way down.  That is what I am most working on now.  Trying to jump.  It looks like a blast!
All would have been wonderful, but towards  the end of the class I found way back in a dark corner of the room a Lightning McQueen race car that some other child had left behind.  Needless to say, I had to hold that in my hand while I did all of my vaulting and trampoline running.  That wasn't so bad, it was the giving it up when we had to leave part that was a bit tramatic.  Hopefully there won't be any to be found tomorrow.  Knowing my mom, she might have a few stashed in her pockets for such an occasion.  
There will be more posts soon on my deep love of cars and the great loot I scored this past weekend.  
Dad thinks all of this about tumbling class is not near as important as the fact that I can identify Porsches, Lotus, Tesla, Ferraris, Renault F1 cars, Bugatti (veyron), Alfa Romeos, along with the basic mini, beetle, school bus, tow trucks, fire trucks and police cars.  But I REALLY like Porsches.





No comments: