Sunday, June 14, 2009

Unicorns and Katsura trees

I realize it has been two weeks since my last post, but things have been quite busy here. We went to Philadelphia, Florida, LBI Beach Haven and then back home. Oh boy, you are thinking, fun vacation pictures. Well, not quite. I have a bunch of cute photos from before we left that I want to get up so I am sharing them first, then I have a special treat and if I am still awake there will be va-cay photos. But my bet would be that those will be up more like Tuesday evening. I am reading a good book I would like to finish tonight....

So here are some shots from right before we left on our travels.
This is Mette with her post bath unicorn look.
This alone would be a cute photo of Mette but the best part is that grin is a grin of total self satisfaction. She managed to roll over and squirm her way from the middle of her little gym thingy over to half off the edge. She was more than proud of herself!
She refuses a NUK of any brand but is really getting good at finding her thumb, or thumbs as the case may be.
When just out of the bath her hair is quite curly, and very adorable!
Daddy and Mette, she fell asleep while they were out for a stroll.
In preparation of much traveling I downloaded some movies for Otto onto the iPod touch and gave him some headphones he could wear. It turned out to be quite a helpful tool while traveling.
Otto in the Weeping Katsura tree that is his special world in the backyard.
Schmelig
Under his tree
In other big news from the past two weeks. Mette is rolling over. Not all the time, but she can do it for sure, both from tummy to back and back to tummy. She is eating non-stop and growing like crazy. We will know just how much at our 4 mo. apt this week.
Otto is working on being 2! every day. He has good days and tough days but is always 2. We are mastering the art of zen breathing to deal with the amount of "No's" that come out of his mouth sometimes. And last but not least, Eric and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary on Saturday. We sure are in different place than we were 5 years ago, we sold the movie theatre, sold the restaurant, moved and had two kids. Wonder what the next 5 years will bring!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Happy anniversary! It sounds like you have a lot going on at your house!

JAZ said...

Love these, especially Otto in his tree and schmelig!