Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Circus

This room is so enchanting and fun! Can you imagine how much fun it would be to wake up in such a wonderful space?? Are you picturing pure childhood glee?? Great, then you must think like the designer and not a person who actually lives with a child. While wonderful both of my children would have this toppled immediataly as they tried to scale it in an attempt to see how fast they could spin around.

I am willing to admit that there might be children for whom this room would work, I just haven't met one yet!

1 comment:

Max's Mom said...

Maybe it'd be fun for an older kid, but I don't know...even as an adult, I'd probably manage to give myself a splinter within 5 minutes in there :). Hey, I just saw a "Montessori" nursery on this blog, and I thought it was kind of a neat idea. http://sewliberated.typepad.com/sew_liberated/2009/04/finnians-montessori-room.html
I like how everything is at child height and seems at least somewhat kid-oriented. (However, I should clarify that I just can't grasp the concept of elimination communication, LOL. Seems messy.)