Monday, June 14, 2010

The boken

6 years. Yesterday was Eric and I's sixth wedding anniversary. We spent the weekend visiting eric's brother Ben and fiancé Shannon. A great time was had by all, especially the kids. Saturday night we had planned to go out to dinner after we got mette to sleep. I never get to go out to eat in restaurants where the ketchup doesn't come in packets since I am always with the children so this was going to be a real treat. I was trying really hard not to get excited about it because usually something always comes up and I end up at home. Fx, we have been trying to visit here since before Christmas and only now made it. I was doing really good keeping expectations in check until Saturday when people kept mentioning it. We went to the Union Square market in the morning and I picked out lots of yummy ingredients to make dinner for Ben and Shannon since they were going to stay home with the kids. I'll admit, I was really starting to look forward to getting out. That was my downfall. That evening I made a yummy fresh, local dinner for ben and Shannon and went about getting mette to sleep, and that is where it all fell apart. She screamed for about an hour and didn't finally go to sleep until after the time we should have been at the restaurant. By that time i was exhausted, pissed and depressed and in no mood to go anywhere. Nothing like having a child scream in someone else's apartment when you should be having a chance to enjoy a rare few hours away, actually away, not just down the street where locals want to talk to you all the time, to put you in a foul mood. To be entirely honest, i am still in a foul mood over it. Ugh. The the of the trip was wonderful though and I have the pictures to prove it.



Friday night we went to dinner by the river in full view of many boats and helicopters which kept the insurgents happy. Otto scored some limes from Ben and Mette even offered to pay for dinner.


Like I mentioned before we went into the city to hit up the market Saturday morning. Otto is still a bit freaked by the loud noises of trains but was quite happy with his headphones.


Mette wanted to know everyone on the trains name.


A family on the go.


Good eats at the market.


Good thing uncle Ben has money because Otto is helping himself!


The park in Union Square was also. Huge hit.






Still saying "Hi!" to everyone.


More pictures in the next post....
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: