Friday, June 18, 2010

Pie

A few weeks ago we had some friends over for dinner and I made a lemon meringue pie for dessert. It was the best looking one I have ever made. Being that it was also very tasty, it didn't last long. Then Eric went away on business and I felt the need to rearrange all the furniture. Oh how I love rearranging! Because while very determined, I am not capable of moving couches up and down multiple flights of stairs, some help was enlisted. Rachel's kind husband Nathan came and helped with the grunt work. In return, I made him a lemon meringue pie. We were both quite happy with the deal.



Farm fresh eggs make for the most amazing lemon curd you could ever want. And help support my theory of pie actually being quite good for you. Protein, vitamin C etc....





I am pleased to say the couch from the living room is now upstairs in our new library(!!!) since Otto and Mette are now sharing a room. The couch we had in the playroom on the third floor is now in the living room. We need a rug for the library, and to finish unpacking all the books we have in boxes that have been patiently awaiting this day and I need to make pillow covers for the couch downstairs but it looks amazing.
The kids sharing a room is also going really well. Otto loves having her in his room and they are both sleeping as well as they were before. Success!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I'm so glad the room-sharing is working! I think it's great that you're having them share. Casey and his sister (1.5 yrs younger) shared a room until Casey was 7 or 8, and they have always gotten along really well. Plus, you get a library out of it! Bonus!

Now I want pie...mmmm.