Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Plums

If you ask me what my favorite fruit is, I would have a real hard time coming up with an answer. I LOVE fruit. Even a top five would be hard but I can say for sure that plums would make the cut. There is something about the tart skin and sweet flesh that I love. Needless to say we came home this weekend with quite a haul of plums.

Eric's mom, Grandma Bah to the kids, was visiting this weekend and came along on our food adventures.


Mette with her first plum that she picked herself.





Otto also managed to find grapes ready for the eating.


I have never canned plums before, but I have to find a way to keep them around longer than just a week or so. I canned four quarts as an experiment. They all worked (the buttons don't pop). I will do a taste test tomorrow and let you know how they are.
Here is my sterile set-up.


Ready for the hot syrup.


Beautiful.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: