Friday, December 31, 2010

Sometimes ignoring them is the best thing you can do

Otto stopped napping a few months ago. I have mentioned before how we are working on "quiet time" while Mette naps. It doesn't always go like planned, but more and more it is working. I have found that a few sweet nods of "if you can play for a while by yourself, I will work with you on something when I am done with my work" does wonders. After a little he is so busy with his own imagination he stops asking me for input. Today he is making the round off all his new toys while singing Christmas carols. A little coloring with Mette's new markers, a little rescuing Hello Kitty from the stormtroopers and some LEGO building have kept him pretty busy.

He just needs a little time to enter into his own world. Watching him play and listening to the stories he tells is such a wonderful background for my own time to get things done.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year and safe holiday.

1 comment:

JAZ said...

This is so sweet, thanks for sharing your thoughts...
We can't wait to see you next week!!