Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mette's Birthday Monologue

What follows is what I believe to be a good view into the inner workings of a sassy now two year old's mind.

Bitches, step back and no one gets hurt. I have been asking for these balloons for three months at the grocery store and I am NOT sharing.

(note: we bought the balloons as promised for her birthday but gave them to Otto to take upstairs to her in the morning and he got all the credit for giving her the balloons. Parenting FAIL)
Is it not the greatest thing you have ever seen!!! Look, they float in the as if suspended by magic.
Damn straight they are having breakfast with me!
I will even share my cereal with them. So there.
Oh boy, presents!!! I will tolerate sitting on Daddy's lap if he gives me presents!
uuuuhhhhh, (low guttural growl of pleasure) Teeny Tiny Hello Kitty!!!!!
(Otto, who has done an AMAZING job of watching Mette get all the presents and attention while waiting for his birthday three weeks away, did score some amazing STIG presents from friends in Australia. One of the gifts was a STIG encased in soap. He now is the cleanest almost four year old boy you have ever seen. He wants to get that STIG out so badly!)

Dr. Mette here to take listen to your lungs and give you 500 shots/day. If you are lucky I will also take your temperature. It is a special experience.

(Mette loves to smell my coffee every morning. She is totally interested in the ritual that is the morning Java. When I saw this wooden espresso machine, I knew it was perfect for her.)
JAVA, now I don't have to try and sneak mama's, i can just make my own.
(stopping in the middle of present mayhem to read a new book.)
(Ever since Nonna Jen's baby shower Mette has been asking for this little computer. It has been a huge hit ever since. Otto really wants to play with it as well, but somehow he has controlled himself and lets her play with it. The dance moves they have been doing to the music was worth the price alone!)
My puter! They really do listen to me. Now I can check my email and sing songs all day long!
We had a really great day at home, just the four of us on Sunday celebrating her birthday (which really was on Monday). There is of course a long post about how much she has grown and how crazy it is that she is two, but I am saving that for next week when we have her stats on how much she actually HAS grown after her dr. visit.

2 comments:

JAZ said...

wonderful post! love the coffee maker - and mette's wearing an owl shirt, yay!

kristinmadoch said...

i need to find the big kid size of mette's little slippers... they are so darn cute!!!!