Friday, April 1, 2011

He-Looo is there anybody out there?

Forgive me for being so quiet lately. It is not in my nature.

I blame my mother.

Ok, that isn't really fair.

I blame her for taking me shopping for my 30th birthday and helping me find my new love.

Seeing as she shamelessly set me up with eric, it makes sense she would have a hand in this too.

This pretty little baby found it's way into my life thanks to her this past February and we have been courting ever since. It is serious. This is a committed relationship. BIG. She is wonderful to me. She purrs and never even thinks about wobbling. She has yet to jam in any way (knock on wood) She has beautiful little cubbies for all of her wonderful feet and attachments. She is such a pleasure to work with.

I love blogging and telling stories here. I love being able to look back over the past four years and remember things I otherwise would have forgotten. But it is something I do in stolen moments when children are sleeping and chores are done. That time has been taken.

Since February I have made:

New curtains for the kitchen
New curtains for the quest bathroom
Re-did the curtains in the dining room
New curtains for the living room
Made Otto three pairs of pants
Made Mette two pairs of pants
Made myself one pair of jammie pants
Two shirts for myself
pair of shoes for myself (yes, shoes!! they were a bit small but a GREAT first attempt)
Three small coin or make-up purses
I am most of the way through making pants for eric
A Darth Vador cape for Otto
plus a few other small projects and some mending

On my list of things to make is:
More shoes
A new purse for me now that I am post diapers
A dress for me for Ben and Shannon's wedding
A dress for Mette for the same wedding
A few more jammies for everyone
A few cute shirts and skirts for me
New pillows for the couch
Seat cushion for the rocking chair
Long curtain for the basement stairs
...that is all I can think of off the top of my head, but there is for sure more.

So, I am sorry that is has been so quiet here, but I promise to get back in gear soon.


The kids are growing like weeds. Literally. I measured them yesterday and in the past month they have both grown about an inch, or more. CRAZY.

Otto has turned into the sweetest thing ever. He has manners and is kind. I think he may have been swapped in the night.

Mette, well, growth spurts do not make Mette happy. Let's just say that. There has been A LOT of screaming from her. She seems to be a bit better these last few days, but it has been a little rough.

I will post pictures and stories soon. This post, if nothing else, is my best attempt at a good excuse.

thanks,
-p



4 comments:

Jenn said...

A cooperative sewing machine can make all the difference in the world. Have you picked up the book "Weekend Sewing" by Heather Ross? It's got some seriously cute patterns in it: skirts, napkins, purses, shirts. I've got almost every pattern bookmarked and on my "to do" list. I just have to find time to make a trip to a fabric shop. An expensive trip to a fabric shop...

phoebe said...

It has changed my life!

I have had my eye on that book for a while, knowing you like it so much, I might just have to get it now.

I just ordered Oliver + S Little Things To Sew, if for nothing else than the cape for Mette. I'll let you know how it is. Holly would look great in one too..

Jenn said...

I've been thinking of getting that book for the cape, too! Perhaps we can share...

I got the Izzy and Ivy Macy Giggles dress pattern after seeing it on Fable on GGC. Who knew blogs would result in such a hit on the old bank account.

Hope the kids feel better soon...

phoebe said...

The book should be here tomorrow. I will let you know what I think. Perhaps we can swap. I have been thinking about getting that dress pattern too! Mette needs a bigger closet or to grow before I make her more dresses, but sometimes it is too hard to resist.

The joys of teaching your kids to share, I now have the cold, ugh.