Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Gratuitous Cuteness

This post is of course for everyone, but especially my mom and Rachel who have been asking for pictures of the kids in the wedding.  I have axp. a million pictures but will spare you all the gory details.  Below are some of my favorites along with a few of the man and woman of the day.

The kids did amazing.  They followed direction, walked down the aisle and thanks to the beauty of iPhone's and iPads they stayed quiet for the ceremony.  The rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception were all beautiful and wonderful.  Mette got a quick power nap in from 6 -7 pm which allowed her to stay up for the fireworks at 10:30.  Yeah, that was awesome, :)  At 10 she was still wide awake with the babysitter and crying to go to the party and dance.  So Eric went down to relieve the babysitter and I took Mette upstairs to the party.  It was midnight until she went to sleep.  Despite that, she was up at 6:28 wanting to go back and dance.  

Despite all of that, we had a wonderful time.

Here they are getting ready to get on the bus to the rehearsal.  I made their matching outfits.  Mette has a new seersucker dress and Otto has fully lined, flat front seersucker pants.  Cuter than cute.




The best picture I managed to snap while getting them to walk down the aisle.  It was a great practice run.

Otto macking it up with eric's cousin Kristin (he is in her wedding this August).  He would follow her to the ends of the earth.  On thursday we are going to watch one of her baseball games and have dinner at her mom's house.  He is pretty excited.

Here is where it gets good.  Mette all dressed up with hair curled (yes, I braved all my fears and took a curling iron to her hair) and in her party dress.


Getting on his penguin suit.


I love this photo.  It would be better if there wasn't a huge light over eric's head, but in a small hotel room you have to take what you can get!


Biding time....


Hey, Mette, what is in your hair?


Rarely do I do the whole posed photo thing, but this seemed like a good chance.  That's me rocking my new dress I made for the wedding.  More pictures to come later of the dress....


Serious discussions about how flower girls act in a wedding.


Because I had to "catch" the kids as they came down the aisle I had a hard time getting action shots of them in the church but I will get more soon.  Here is the best I have.


Trying to hard to be quiet.


The lucky man as his soon to be bride walked in the door.


Here she comes!


In between the ceremony and reception I took the kids up to the hotel room and got them a room service dinner.  We had a picnic W style with hotdogs, french fries and a veggie platter.


This is pretty much what the kids looked like during the cocktail hour.



Dancing



As I sit here at the table posting this YiaYia is working on narrowing pictures down to 200 to fit in an album so to say there are more photos would be an understatement.  As the week goes on I will add more along with other shots of the kids and grandparents on our adventures this week.

Last night eric and I celebrated seven years of marriage with an AMAZING dinner at TRU complete with personalized menus (good job eric!) and possibly the best meal I have ever had.  More on that to come as well.

3 comments:

Hope said...

Oh thank you so much for this fabulous post! Everyone is so beautiful and happy! The kids really are show stoppers and I love the shot of you and Eric in your finery, you look so stunning!

Jenn said...

Great pictures! I love the one of you and Mette all dolled up. Fabulous!

Rachel said...

Yay! Such fantastic pictures and everyone looks so dapper!