Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Penguin Suit No. 2

I am giving an advance warning, this is a photo heavy post.  I am still working though the mounds of photos from this last trip, color correcting, cropping etc...  but if I don't get a post up tonight it will be a while before I do.  What follows are some highlights of last week's adventures in Chicago.  The kids and I headed out on Tuesday to spend some time with Yiayia and Papou before Kristin's wedding.  Despite Irene doing her best to stop him, eric made it out on Saturday for the big wedding and by the skin of our teeth we made it back to PA on Sunday.  18 hours after eric got to Chicago he was back at home.  It was a crazy but wonderful week.

Wednesday we spent most of the day at the Aquarium.  The kids (and me truth be told) had a wonderful time.

We did everything, we saw the Dolphin show, the 4D Dora/Diego show, Jellyfish, everything!


We of course hit up the local water fountain park for some fun in the sun!


Complete with neighbors grandchildren to play with we had a s'mores party in the back yard.


Mette loved the outdoor painting area at the local children's museum.


She was also the master of the check-out aisle at the grocery store.


The big day approaches so we did a little size checking in preparation for this...


Otto carried the Stefana (Greek wedding crowns) on a big silver platter with total seriousness and control!!



Mette rocked her same dress from Ben and Shannon's wedding, I just dyed it light purple/pink.  She loved it and looked adorable!


Dare I say it, this is a really nice photo of eric and I!


Working hard on picking up all the flower petals.


Here is the beautiful bride (eric's cousin) and her groom leaving the church.  Notice Mette's nice first shot with the rice!  Photo credit: Uncle Ben


Here's the whole gang.  Dee (eric's step-mother), her sister and brother and all their respective children and in the case of Otto and Mette, grandchildren.


As soon as the band fired up the kids ran to the floor.  They had been begging to dance from the moment we got it there!  They can really cut it up.


All our dance parties at home have paid off!


Letting loose!


Newlyweds Ben and Shannon taking Mette for a spin.


Ben was quite the dance partner.


Mette danced and danced until she could go no further.  At once she stopped and asked to be picked up. She promptly fell asleep on my shoulder.  It was time to make our rounds saying thank you and head home.  A great night was had by all.


I have a bunch more photos to share but I know there are some of you out there waiting to see these so I thought I should get in gear!

On a side note, Otto starts Pre-K next week!!!!  How did that happen??

1 comment: