Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Mom checking in

Ok, so last time I told you about how Otto was doing he stopped sleeping as well. I may be jinxing myself again, but I feel you need to be in the loop. Otto is SLEEPING!! Not crazy things like most 7 month olds are, but for us it is amazing! He has done quite a few 6 hour stints!! I know, six hours, how is that possible?? When not doing 6 hours he often does 4, which is just fine with me. Last week we had a set back and did some good old 2 hour stretch nights. But we think that may have had something to do with learning to crawl just being too exciting. He is also getting ever better at naps. I think now he needs to stretch his afternoon nap out to over an hour but he has trouble doing it. He is grumpy when he wakes up, but I can't get his to sleep longer. When he is ready he will do it. That is what we have learned about him. He got up every 2 hours for the first 6 months no matter what we did. Then all on his own he starting sleeping longer. I think he just needs to be ready himself before he starts something new. He is having a blast learning to crawl. Yesterday he mastered going from all fours to the sitting position. That is cool because he likes to sit and play with his toys. He isn't moving forward too much yet, but I really think it will be any day now. Yesterday I was at the yarn store and he was sitting on the floor at my feet while I was looking at needles on the wall. All of the sudden I looked down and he was standing up holding onto this big basket of yarn looking VERY proud. We don't really have anything at home that is the right height for him to pull himself up on which makes it hard for him to practice that. But he is pretty good! We ordered what seems like a million baby gates for our many stairwells which should be here today. We can see things are about to change soon. Speaking of changing, I am going to run and get dressed before he wakes up. I will have more to report soon.

No comments: