Thursday, February 21, 2008

New Look

Well, as it has been almost a year I thought we were do for a new look. I think I am in my "green phase". Wait until I post the pictures of Otto's new room. It is still being painted but it is getting close. To say that it is green might not really be giving the full picture. It is GREEN! I painted the lower half of all the walls with magnetic chalkboard paint. Actually three coats of magnetic paint followed by two coats of chalkboard paint. It will be so cool to have walls he can play with. For his birthday I got him some really cool wooden magnets. I think we are going to hold off showing him he can draw on the walls until he is older. Over spring break we are going to IKEA to get some new furniture and final touches for his room. Then the big moment, he will be moving out of the nursery.
I have mixed emotions about it. I really want to be able to go into our room when he is napping and not have to sneak into bed at night, but... he still seems like my little baby. He has never been more than 6 feet away from me at night. Right now the nursery is connected to our room and his crib is just around the doorway from my side of bed. He is not moving far down the hall but it will be much further than he has ever been. I am really not sure how I feel about this whole growing up thing. I love when he learns new things, but I want him to stay little forever too. I am probably not the only one who has thought this before.
Well right now he is fighting his first real cold with a cough and everything. Poor guy does not feel good at all. Plus he got vaccines on Tuesday so he has had a double whammy. He is sleeping right now, but I don't think it will last long so I really should be trying to get something done around the house.

No comments: