Thursday, August 28, 2008

Out of my cold dead hands

Yesterday was a great day, for many reasons. We had playgroup in the morning where I got to play with my friends and all of Noah's toys. Always a bonus. After playgroup I came home a took a great nap since there was no construction noise outside my window to keep me up. After my nap Isaac and his mom (Rachel) came over to play with me while Mom and Grandpa installed new backer board in the bathroom. In an attempt to keep me occupied and not so crabby while Rachel was here Mom gave me a new toy. A matchbox car of a red race car which she had been apparently been hiding from me for just this purpose!
My love for this new car cannot be explained. It has hardly left my hands since I laid eyes on it. It ate dinner with me, took a bath with me and when it was time for bed Dad finally had to hide it. This morning when Mom came in to get me I was half way out of my crib and proudly proclaimed "OUT, ALL DONE". I then started asking for my race car over and over again until Mom got it for me. Needless to say, I have a new favorite toy and Mom and Dad are talking about getting me a big boy bed sooner rather than later!

No comments: