Friday, January 9, 2009

Too funny not to share

As you I am sure all know, Otto is a vicious teether.  It is not something he goes about gracefully.  I am really looking forward to being done with all of them.  All he has left are his top two canines and the 2 year molars, then we are done!  Yesterday his top canines seemed like they were really giving him fits and he was quite irritable.  Figures, he has only been working on them since well before Christmas...  Anyway, at dinner they were really bothering him and he was chewing on the handle end of his fork a lot.  It makes me nervous he is going to choke himself when he does that so we were trying to get him to stop.  He couldn't seem to be happy without having something to bite on.  Trying to help I said, "Otto, would you like me to get you something you CAN bite on to make you teeth feel better?", thinking of a teething toy or something along those lines. To which Otto replied "Yes, maybe a little cake!".  I should add, we don't have cake, have not had cake for as long as I can remember and were not talking about cake.  He just thought, hey if she is offering, lets see what I can get.  He really is hilarious.  It sure makes dealing with a crabby toddler easier when they say things like that!

No comments: