Monday, February 23, 2009

Mette's 2 week check-up

Today was Mette's two week check-up.  Eric stayed home with Otto while the girls went to the doctor.  Mette was quite good through the whole experience and charmed all the nurses.  When she was born she was 6 lbs. 10 oz. and 18 inches long.  When we left the hospital on monday she was 6 lbs. 4 oz. since they always loose some weight at first.  By the time we went back for the post partum check-up on wednesday, two days later, she weighed 6 lbs. 8 oz.  She was well on her way to getting back to her birth weight by the two week mark.  That is the desired goal from the doctors.  Today, at two days past two weeks, she weighed, are you sitting down?, 7 lbs. 13 oz..  She is huge!  She is also 21 inches long.  The nurse measured her 5 times to make sure she got it right. She said sometimes when they are first born it can be hard to stretch them out fully so they can measure a bit short, but still, she grew over two whole inches in two weeks!!!  I knew that she had been nursing a lot, for a long time each time and very intently, but I had no idea she was packing on the pounds like that.  I am not complaining though, it means I can eat whatever I want.  Well, I have been a bit sore from all the nursing which makes me complain some... but on the whole the system is working well.  You an call me the dairy princess.

No comments: