Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Florida

After hanging in Philly for a day we boarded a plane and headed to Jacksonville to see Grandma Bah, Lou Mom and Big Otto. This was Mette's first plane ride and it went fairly well. The flight was at the end of an already long day and while she did cry, it could have been much worse. Otto is a fantastic traveler to say the least and even his first flight was a bit rocky. The flight home was at a better time of day and went much better. She still just cat naps for about 30 minutes but she was very happy when she was awake. I did spend a lot of the flight making funny faces at her to keep her laughing but I just tell myself that all the extra face exercises will keep the wrinkles at bay. Don't anyone leave comments on how that may not work as I don't want to hear your theories.
We took a day trip to the Jacksonville Zoo where Otto got to try to touch some sting rays. This part of the zoo he was quite into, but to be honest, the whole zoo thing was a bit over his head. He was face to face with a giraffe and didn't seem to be that excited. We got to see a lot of cool animals but Otto was most interested running around and dancing in the misters they have to keep people cool in the extreme Florida weather.

Mette actually really seemed to like the sting rays as well.
While I was taking Mette to change her diaper after lunch and Grandma Bah, eric and Otto were still in the cafe, this walked by the window, super close. I have never seen a Jaguar that close. It was still there taking a nap right outside the window when Mette and I got back.
Mette looking adorable with me in the misters.
Eric's mad photo taking skills.
Mette and Lou Mom, her great-grandmother
Otto went puddle hunting after a day of monsoon rain. This was directly in front of eric's mom's house. When he walked out he said to eric, "I found one, I found one!!" It kept him busy for a long time!
Otto and Big Otto eating corn on the cob.

No comments: