Tuesday, June 16, 2009

LBI

To continue with our journey, when we flew back from Jacksonville to Philadelphia we got our car and headed to LBI (Long Beach Island, NJ) Beach Haven to be exact. It is becoming a great summer tradition of crashing Grandpa Chris and Nonna Jen's beach house for a few days. We go in June before it is hot and full of people which is my kind of beach town. The house they rented this year was adorable and we had a blast. The weather could have been sunnier and Otto could have been less of a two year old but we still had a wonderful time and I wish we were still there. We do still have a bit of salt water taffy and fudge to keep me going though thank goodness!

Before I write another word, I am going to give credit where credit is due. After Grandpa Chris took a few pictures of the kids after we arrived at the beach house I put down my camera and didn't pick it up until we packed to go home. The following photos are all stolen off his Flickr page.

The house had an outdoor shower but better than that in Otto's mind was the foot cleaning spigot. It was the perfect height for him to operate himself.


The house was directly across the street from the local school complete with a playground. What could be better? Here is Otto truckin'
Our living room

Otto and I building a city of sandcastles.
The girl and her daddy in her sun-blocking tent.
Grandpa Chris, Otto and I getting some water for our city.

Ha Ha
He would eat sand by the spoonful if I let him, or wasn't watching.
see...
Come on, how cute is she?


No comments: