Tuesday, August 18, 2009

He took the kids to play while I ran to the liquor store

Here is a glimpse into my day.

Both kids woke up at 6 which was too early for them, but they wouldn't go back to sleep. This made them both crabby, Otto more than Mette. We had a pretty good morning with a few minor lack of sleep bumps. When it was time for naps, both went down fairly easily so I thought I was in the clear. Then Mette woke up screaming after sub 20 minutes. She is cutting her second bottom tooth so I gave her some Tylenol and tried to rock her back to sleep. A little over an hour of intense screaming on her part and walking, rocking and singing on my part I got her back to sleep. No sooner did I stand from the rocking chair to put her in her crib did I hear Otto crying. He had only been asleep for 1.5 hours and he usually sleeps for 2 or 3 and he never wakes up crying. He had to pee and wanted his train downstairs. UGH. So I let him go downstairs and told him he had to play quietly since really he should still be taking a nap. He was pretty good and I was able to get a little embroidery done (pics soon) which was nice. Then eric came home. He took the kids to play while I ran to the liquor store. I didn't even make it out the door when he called for me to come quick. I had spent all day playing with Mette and watching her every move and no sooner do I head out, she starts to crawl. She was up on all fours and starting making forward progress. Again, Ugh. THEN, for the first time ever I didn't get carded at the liquor store. We live in a college town, I always get carded. On the walk home I noticed that I had walked all the way to the liquor store with my shirt on inside out. I put on a clean shirt before leaving since Mette had spit up on the one I was wearing, I just didn't bother to see if it was on properly. Nice. Now we are having friends come over for drinks and I am going to have some fruity alcoholic drink. And it will be good.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Crawling?!? Could you sneak in some non-Eric approved video of that for us outside the Burg?

Megan said...

The inside-out-shirt of a mom is a dead give away. That is why you didn't get carded!