Thursday, September 24, 2009

in or out



What a day. I had high hopes of getting some things done today, I just wasn't prepared for all that came my way. To start I made a parking garage for Otto's cozy coupe because the number one selling car in America really should be garage kept. I have had some large appliance boxes laying around for a while waiting for a good idea of something to make with them and finally I am getting around to building with them. I started with a garage but like any good contractor I have plans for an addition. Otto was very helpful as you can imagine with the painting. He managed not to make too much of a mess. We did somehow get the whole thing painted grey while Mette napped this morning. A small miracle, especially since I couldn't find a color in the basement I liked so I mixed my own. I am my mother's child.
After naptime for the girl we all headed to the grocery store. Don't take the casual statement of a trip to the store let you think that it was anything other than a well planned military exercise with terrorist negotiations. Both kids are for the most part good at the store (and my that I mean Mette is an angel) but I still really need to be on my A game to get in and out without a major meltdown from someone. Hopefully not me. Having parked the car in the garage, removed both children from the car and made it to the back door carrying Mette and four heavy bags of groceries I thought the trip was complete. But no. Somehow Otto managed to lock the back door in such a way that it couldn't be unlocked with a key from the inside or the outside. Luckily the florida room door was open and we could all get inside but the back door was now locked shut. After the kids were down for a nap, calls with Grandpa Ken and eric I finally just decided to see what I could do. It seemed to silly to call someone to come fix the door. One strip of molding removed, a plastic shovel from the sandbox and a credit card later the back door was open. As my mom pointed out, funny it took a kids toy to open the door because if I didn't have a kid the door wouldn't have been locked. Ah, the circle of life.
So with the door fixed I went about painting the letters on the garage. They could be more even I know, but I was trying to get done before Mette woke up. The wrench was a last minute add and came out well I think. Go me!
Otto loves his new garage. I am going to let him graffiti the sides with a brush (I don't dare give him spray paint!) for some added color and then it will be time for the addition. Then I am going to try and get some pictures of him playing in it as I am way behind on pictures of the kids. I will also try to get some action shots of Mette as she is now officially crawling all over the place!

No comments: