Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fang

Mette has been super busy lately. With teething that is. On Tuesday of this week she cut her second top tooth and fourth bottom tooth bringing the grand total of teeth up to 6. I thought Otto got teeth fast but she is putting him to shame. Thankfully, now that the teeth are in she is much happier. She has not really been her happy self for a while now and we can see why. She still has some nasty teething diaper rash to get over, but it is looking much better already. With her new chompers comes a desire to eat more things she can gnaw on herself. I got her some of the Earth's Best little ABC's crackers as I remembered Otto loving them. Well they are a huge hit with the girl. They also keep her occupied for a while which allows me to get dinner on the table which I love. One drawback, they make a HUGE mess. Well, actually it isn't the crackers making the mess, it is really Mette smearing them all over the place. Good thing a bath is always next on the agenda after dinner!




You may be wondering why if I am giving her something so messy to eat I don't have a bib on her. Good question. The answer, she just pulls them off. Ugh. Otto did this too so I can't be too surprised, but still. Soon she will be ready for the straight jacket bibs from IKEA that were the only thing to stay on Otto but they are just too big right now. So I just strip her down to her onesie and let her go at it. We start meals with bibs, but they only last a bite or two.

No comments: