Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sleep Fail

For the past few days we have been making huge breakthroughs with Mette's sleeping. After a terrible night of eric comforting her while she screamed for an hour and a half insisting that I nurse her to sleep despite not being hungry, she started stretching out. In fact she was doing 3 and 4(!) hour stretches. It was all going so great, then last night hit. Let's just say by 11:30 I was exhausted and put her in bed with us. That isn't a great fix, she still wakes up, but at least I am not getting out of bed as much. Let's hope that tonight is better. I would say it couldn't be worse, but I know not to temp fate that much.

1 comment:

Hope said...

It seems to me that all the pundents and authorities on this all important first year of life have ignored the single biggest achievement of babies. It's learning how to sleep! Turns out it's not so cut and dried as we are taught to believe. But I am confident that Mette will get it. Look at how good a sleeper Otto is now!