Monday, November 23, 2009

A tale of two stories

The first story of the evening really isn't much of a story. There really aren't words that do justice to how fantastic this outfit is. Rachel bought this tank-underware combo for Isaac a long time ago and when it became apparent it was not going to fit him, Otto scored it. He was kind enough to model it for us this evening. It is perhaps the greatest thing I have ever seen.

Action Shot
For the second half of this evening's post we go to Mette. Poor little girl. She is teething again. It explains the sudden regression in sleeping. She has been stuffy at night, clingy during the day and chewing on everything while drooling up a storm. All signs point to teething. I don't know what teeth she is working on now but I hope they cut through fast, or stop for a while. It's funny with teething she really seems to be most bothered by it at night. Which makes us all tired. During the day she can often be distracted though sometimes it is all too much and she just needs to be held. This afternoon was a time like that. She didn't take a great nap and was pretty cranky when she woke up. There is only so long I can hold her before my arms start to give in so out the ergo comes. That thing is a life saver. We were dancing around the kitchen to some good music on Pandora having a lovely time. I tried knitting while holding her, but my arms get sore. So I read magazines and straighten the kitchen. All the bouncing and music made her tired and she finally fell asleep to catch up on some much needed sleep. It is hard some days to have someone literally attached to you all the time but it is important to remember that she won't be this little for long. Before too long I won't be able to hold her all afternoon. So even though it isn't always what I had planned for the day, it is always a nice treat. Besides, she is really snugly and smells so sweet.


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Those are perhaps the most fantastic Otto pictures to date.

And all hail the almighty Ergo pack for making unbearably cranky days bearable.

phoebe said...

I told you they were awesome! If only I could make him wear just that all the time!