Saturday, December 12, 2009

Pancake Breakfast

I am not sure if I have ever posted about Otto's love for pancakes. I can assure you it is strong and enduring. The boy would eat his weight in pancakes everyday if we let him I think. This morning there was a Breakfast with the Grinch pancake feast put on by the Rotifers downtown. (I was a Rotary exchange student and my dealings with the Rotary are many. This earns me the right, and those who helped my through the process, to call them Rotifers. Really the name suits them much better.) For a whopping $10 the whole family was treated to bottomless pancakes, sausage, hot chocolate, coffee and juice. It was awesome. The pancakes were quite good, the children were amazing. Otto ate two plates of pancakes and a whole sausage. They were showing the cartoon Grinch which Otto seemed to like as well. Being as he couldn't hear any of it and didn't see it from the beginning he was just watching the fun colors and didn't ask too many questions which is just as well! He did ask what the F.B.I warning was when it started over. Eric explained to him that is where they tell you that you are only supposed to use the movie for home use, not exhibition of any kind....can't tell he used to own a movie theatre or teaches copyright law at all. In addition to the yumminess they also had someone dressed as the Grinch walking around talking to the kids. I thought Otto might be scared of him but he wasn't. He didn't want to look at him when he got real close, but he actually seemed to like him. All in all it was quite a huge success in my book.


Otto, chin up to the table putting the pancakes away!
He didn't really want to look at the Grinch when he was close but he smiled a lot and was laughing. I also think he didn't want to take his eyes off the movie.
Mette was a little unsure of the Grinch when he got close to Otto.
She was rather curious about him being this close to her and clung to dad until he left, but didn't seem upset. She went right back to charming up all other members of the room. She also ate some pancakes!! Food, real food, that she put in her mouth and ate, amazing!

No comments: