Tuesday, January 12, 2010

home

we are home. all of us home. in the same home. under one roof and if we are lucky all in our own beds. (mette takes to sleeping with us when traveling and while adorable to wake up to "GA!!", I could go for a break.) In the past ten days Mette and I have been on six planes. We went to Kentucky with my mom to meet her cousin Owen then came home for 14 hours most of which were spent sleeping, to get up and fly to Fl to see eric's mom with our boys. While we were in KY eric and Otto went to NY to see Ben and Shannon (the newly engaged!!!) and visit some museums. I have wonderful pictures, great stories and fun times to share but right now I am loving my couch too much to even bother thinking about where the camera and cable are. Plus I have a LARGE glass of wine to drink because after today, boy do I need one. It felt so good tucking the kids into their own beds tonight. They seem very happy to be home, as are eric and I. They were both amazing travelers. Tonight I am looking forward to my own pillow, my snuggly bed, two cats and with any luck more than two hours of sleep at a time. Oh Mette, how I love you so :)