Saturday, March 20, 2010

Seriously??

Who gets a cold when we are having a long stretch of the nicest weather you could ask for in March? Me, that's who. It all started yesterday on the drive down to my grandmother's with my mom and the kids. It was innocent at first, a few sneezes, runny nose... but by the way home my head hurt, I had a sore throat, it was hitting me hard. I can handle most things about being sick but I really hate sore throats. All I really feel like doing is sleeping in bed and blowing my nose which under normal circumstances I could have done for at least a little this morning. But as it is, eric is in L.A.. Has been since wednesday morning and won't be home until after the kids go to bed tomorrow. They did nap today so I got to rest then, but I could really use someone to make me tea and feel sorry for me. So wah, wah, wah, I will just have to whine here.

With any luck I will feel much better tomorrow. The kids and I are going to the neighbors for brunch tomorrow where they have older children and a dog to entertain otto and mette. I am looking forward to sitting and having juice and coffee without getting small people countless spoons, drinks, forks, new bowls etc... for one meal.

Really the kids and I have been having a great time and other than the fact that I have to take out the trash and unload and load the dishwasher things are pretty much the same. That being said it will be really nice to have eric home tomorrow night. Even if it means I can't sleep diagonal across the bed which really is how I would like to sleep all the time.

No comments: