Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Great North and Ducks

This past weekend we headed to the cabin for a little Mud Fest 2010. Things are one sloppy mess up there and we have a certain little boy who is especially fond of mud. He went and did some serious mud puddle hunting with Grandpa and Daddy. We have some good video and I have evidence of the mud soaked clothes to prove it. We have a few videos in fact currently held up on post production (hint, hint...) which I hope to have for you soon. In addition to wanting to let small people run wild in the mud, it was also my chance to have my birthday dinner from my mom. It was a feast to end all feasts. We had veggie curry with udon noodles, not traditional but fun for the kids and super yummy. Then since my mom wanted to try out her new fryer we made shrimp and sweet potato tempura. It was out of this world. We all ate way too much of it. Or at least I did and I think others did as well. Then we had homemade apple tart with homemade ice cream and homemade butterscotch sauce. It is good to be me and have birthdays. I also got the coolest pair of boots ever which really make me too cool to talk to. I'll have to snag a pic of them. This whole turning 29 thing is working out pretty well. I did remember to bring our camera, but I didn't remember to bring it in from the car. These pics were all taken with my camera but they are too cute not to share.




Mette and Grandmom reading stories
Puppy love. We also wanted to come and visit Hugo on his own home turf. He proved to be quite adorable and bad, as all puppies are. The kids are a little unsure of him but really warmed up to him as the weekend wore on.
Mette loves the Retro Rocket and rides it all over pushing the buttons.
There was some serious banjo playing that happened this weekend. Here she is studying the craft and thinking deep thoughts.
Strumming a little tune.
She also seems quite fond of tractors.
I can't resist taking pictures of Otto where he is wearing his green jammies standing in front of the picture of him wearing the green jammies. We really need to look into more Hannah Anderson jammies so there are plenty to keep passing along....

These are not from the cabin but I thought I would post them as well. The weather has been beyond beautiful here. I took both the kids to the park after naptime today. It is a "all hands on deck" job having the two of them there by yourself. Another mom or two that I knew would have been ace. But we did have a great time. We took the bike and bike trailer there. I should have taken pictures of the two of them sitting in the bike trailer but I didn't think of it until now. When Mette was Otto's age it scared him a bit but I think having him there to sit next to her made her not scared at all. She really seemed to like it. They shared a bowl of snacks and watched the world go by while I rode us to the park.


You can see Otto about to enter the frame in the back.
Weeee
The mighty duck hunter lurks in the shadows. Mette loves ducks. In the bath they are her favorite toy. She can say duck. She looks for them in books and today she got to see them close up in person. She was transfixed.


You may remember a certain video from a little over two years ago (click here)...

No comments: