Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It's been one of those days

We all have them. Good days, but exhausting. It is wednesday, playgroup day. We were hosting today and this time of year, even if it is a bit cold and windy, I like to see children outside running around. Since our playgroup has grown in size over the years I thought that we might max out our small town yard and proposed a short hike to a park one block away for a picnic. It turned out to be a great idea. The kids got to run around, we had big blanket loaded with snacks, bubbles and a river for them to threaten to pitch themselves into at every turn. I had a fun time loading up our wagon with grapes, watermelon, crackers, cheese, carrots, peas, dip, dried fruit, snap peas, napkins, plates, a blanket the parachute and wipes all while keeping Otto from riding vehicles down the stairs and while holding Mette since being put down was NOT in her morning plans. Mette seems to be teething or something as she was quite crabby and clingy all morning which really isn't her style. We had a great time out playing with our friends and being as I recently make a giant batch of minestrone soup I invited three other moms and their kiddos to stay for lunch. That brought the grand total of four moms and six children for lunch. It was a lot of fun but during that time Mette took a classic 20 minute power nap. Sometimes that works out well, and other days, like today it is trouble. She was exhausted!!! but refused to go to sleep when Otto did. It wasn't until 3, two hours after her normal nap time, that I finally just put her in her crib and walked away that she finally threw in the towel. She just needed to sleep and I couldn't do anything else for her. She slept until 4:40 and seemed to be a bit better. She woke up with some of the best bed head I have ever seen. That is saying a lot since Otto can rock the goods.
When eric got home he suggested going out for Chinese and I was all for it. We took the kids, since it is frowned upon to leave them home alone and dined on Lo Mein, snow crab and veggies. A giant mess was made that I cleaned in a pile but didn't have to deal with beyond that! We of course each got a fortune cookie, I think they were quite inspirational.

Otto: Take advantage of your great imagination. It will serve you well.

Mette: A schedule defends from chaos and whim.

Eric: The greatest effort is not concerned with results.

mine: Stop worrying and take a chance.

and with that I bid you good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

test

Hope said...

I have to admit, I like Mette's fortune especially!