Monday, May 31, 2010

Mary, Mary...

How does your garden grow?
LOOK, we have peas! I have never grown peas before and I have to admit I am pretty excited. Otto ate one last night because he couldn't wait any longer. He declared it delicious.


And by the looks of it, there are more to come.


Yes, it needs to be weeded, but I swear I just weeded two days ago!! Check out our carrots. In addition to the carrots and peas we have beets, onions and watermelon in the ground. Then in pots we have basil, lots so we can make pesto, tomatoes and peppers that we started from seeds this winter. Otto has been really interested in the whole process of growing vegetables and is very excited for our harvest.


Otto and I both really love beets and we are very excited to taste the ones we are growing.


We also are growing cucumbers which I want to make into pickles, but I have a feeling they might be eaten before they get into the jars. Oh, well.


Blurry, I know, but you can see a little cucumber growing.


Our garden is a perfect example of what you can do with limited space. We have a pretty tiny yard (which is the perfect size to take care of) and most of our yard is very shady. But we have carved out a few little zones of sun and are looking forward to enjoying our tasty treasures. Since we obviously can't grow too much in our own yard we are splitting two shares from local CSA's (community supported agriculture) which have just started delivering yummy goodness. It is a good time of year.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The garden looks beautiful! It must be great to step outside and taste what you have grown. Stopping from SITS!

phoebe said...

thanks for stopping! We are having a lot of fun growing food to snack on this year.