Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Productive

I am not trying to brag, but I just want to share that the entire family (including me with a shower!!!) and all of our recycling was loaded in our car and backing out of the garage at 7:56 this morning. We dropped off recycling, went to market, dropped off Eric at work, went home changed mette's diaper, hit some yard sales, scored big, went to playgroup, came home and had lunch. While the kids were napping I put up two shelves in the laundry room, scrubbed the back bathroom, wiped down the back hall and stairs, cleaned the laundry room and moved wash along. When the kids woke up we went to the hardware store and got more potting soil and I planted all the herbs I got at market, (pictures to follow) I rotated the compost and weeded the veggie garden. The kids played while I made an easy dinner. After getting mette to sleep I moved more wash along and deep cleaned otto's room.

Now Iam exhausted and am making some chocolate chip cookies from batter I had in the fridge which I plan to eat while still warm on the couch with a big glass of milk and a good mystery novel.

As for yard sale scores, I got a brand new Columbia winter coat for Otto for $7. A doll stroller for mette $2, some long sleeves shirts for Otto $0.50 each, a bowling set for the kids $2 and a backhoe for Otto who was a complete angel all morning and totally deserved a gift. It was a good unexpected haul.

Days like today make me feel better about the days where it feels like I got zero accomplished.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Megan said...

All I can say is WOW! I am very impressed....and a little intimidated!