Friday, May 21, 2010

This is for you, Ben

I have always been a girl who loves shoes, but with four little feet that grow while you blink, it has not been my shoe closet that has been expanding in the past few years. However, in order for those feet to grow so much, there is a lot of food to be consumed which means my love of cooking is put to good use. Now I have a way to tie the two together. Check out my new herb garden hanging outside by kitchen door.









An old shoe organizer put to good use. And it makes use of the tiny bit of full sun in this part of the yard. The large hanging lantern was a gift from my BIL Matt and the small hanging lanterns are from IKEA and are solar powered. All in all this is my new favorite hang out.








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


3 comments:

Megan said...

That is just so cool!

JAZ said...

what a good idea! Maybe i can do this horizontally and hang it on the fence outside our kitchen window so we're not just staring at the black fence 2 feet away! very cool! did you put anything in the base of each pocket or is it all dirt?

phoebe said...

thanks!

I didn't add anything other than potting soil to the pockets but I did punch a few holes in the bottom of the pockets to allow for water to drain out. They still look pretty good so I would say for now it is working.