Monday, July 12, 2010

Carrots!!!

We have been eating cucumbers from our garden every few days for the last couple weeks, but this has been our first BIG harvest. Otto helped me bring in carrots and one beet. Soon we will plant more to harvest in the fall.


Our little Joseph Gordon-Levitt look alike.


Being a small family farmer is a tough job.


Our harvest.


Yum!


And then there was this.... I haven't had the heart to cook her. I mean look, she clearly has places to go.


Our one and only beauty carrot.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

K said...

Wow! Those are great carrots! I'm jealous of your garden. It's always so hot here that I could never bring myself to actually plant veggies, because I knew I'd hate the weeding in 100 degrees.

Kristin said...

Whoops. Yeah, that comment above was from me.

phoebe said...

trust me, if it was that hot here all the time I wouldn't have a garden either. It was 100 all last week and I can honestly say I did not pull a single weed. Now it has rained for the last two days and holy cow they are taking over the world out there!!!!