Monday, August 2, 2010

In the morning


I just set the alarm for 4:50, a.m.. I really should be sleeping, but I can't. In the morning we are taking mette to the hospital for her surgery. She has to have a dermoid cyst removed from above her eye. It is nothing major and a very minor procedure but she still has to be put under. She will no doubt get a black eye and will have stitches for a week. There will be many "you should see the other baby" jokes I am sure. I am grateful that this is minor and planned. It was at this age when Otto had his emergency surgery (i cant hotlink from the iTouch but check the blog under may and/or june 2008 for the full story) at the same hospital complete with a night in the PICU. In contrast this will be a walk in the park. But it is still my little girl and doctors with knives and needles. I am guessing there will be some frenzied nervous knitting done by me tomorrow morning. I really must try to get some sleep.....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: