Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Getting to Know you Q&A

I have been tagged! A fellow blogger and friend from school has sent me a list of questions to answer, after which I am to "tag" 5 lucky readers!!

1. What was your inspiration to first start blogging?

I started this blog when Otto was a teeny tiny little dude. In fact my father-in-law actually started it for me as I was still in the hospital. The first few posts is really him talking. It was originally called Otto's Odyssey, but when Mette came along we changed the name.

2. If there was a fire in your house, and you only had time to grab 4 things (excluding your family), what would they be?


Well, if there really was a fire I can not be sure I would be thinking clearly but I would for sure go looking for cats, then computers I guess, but we back them up all the time.... our important papers are in the safe.... hmmm I guess the kids blankies and special stuffed animals. Really, everything else is just a material possession. While I may like it, I don't need it. Beyond the family and cats what else do I REALLY need?

Edit- car keys. I am sure we could make new ones, but the interim would be a pain in the ass.

3. If income was not a factor, what would be your dream job?

I would love to design textiles, or maybe be a buyer for some Scandinavian department store. Or someone who tests 4 and 5 star hotels and resorts. maybe a personal shopper to a incredibly cool mega somebody, a midwife there is a long list jobs I would love to do. But saying all that, I am pretty happy to have the opportunity to stay home and take care of my kids and absent minded professor. Knowing full well I will have a chance to do all those cool jobs later in life :)

4. If money was no object, what would be the next house or decor project that you would tackle be and describe.

If money was no object I would have all the chimneys and parapets repointed, the house painted, a hot water heater and composting toilet installed in the carriage house and perhaps a bathroom out there too.... should I go on, because I totally could.

5. Name one place you've always dreamed of traveling to.

Pretty much anywhere. I really love to travel. I really want to see Japan, and Finland. Iceland is also top on my list, as well as Fuji. I would settle for a tour of all the Aman Resorts. We honeymooned here and now I feel like I should test out the rest. It was beyond amazing. There are no words to describe how perfect it was.

Tagees-

a) Post your answer to the 5 questions on your blog.

b) Ask 5 questions (can be your own or some repeats) I am sticking with these five to ask you. I have been up since 3:30 and don't feel capable of asking intelligent questions.

c) Tag a few other bloggers.

d) After you post your answers, come back and comment with a link to your post.

Tag, you're it!

Kristin@ mymanmax
Megan@ megansinnermonologue
Jenn@ jennanddave
Jen@ thepinktime
Rachel@ iwouldhavewrittensooner


No comments: