Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Taboo

I am breaking the silence here and I really hope I don't regret it. Mette has slept through the entire night for the last THREE nights! Bed at 8 and up around 6:30. It is glorious though it has left the two of us a bit zombie like during the day. Keeping her awake until nap time has proven to a difficult task though it did pay well yesterday. I kept her awake until noon and she then slept for three hours. I am sure that won't happen everyday but it was a nice break. It only took 18 months, but she seems to have figured this whole thing out. Even better the students are starting to return this weekend which means a healthy crop of babysitters. With the kids going to bed AND sleeping, I actually think Eric and I could go on dates. Crazy!!! The idea of that is so exciting I even have someone coming Sunday morning for a meet and greet with us and the kids.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Hope said...

so considering how much you manage to accomplish on basically no sleep I'm a little terrified (as Otto would say)! Well rested Phoebe RULES THE WORLD

Kristin said...

Hmm, so for this wonderful freedom (dates and stuff!) I will likely need to wait until my youngest child is at least 18 months old...I feel tired just thinking about it!

phoebe said...

mom, so far all I seem capable of getting done is adding things to my to-do list! BTW, the material you dropped off yesterday is perfect, thanks!

Kristin, if I remember correctly, your brother didn't sleep until after 2 but you were a great sleeper. In fact I think your mom once said "heck, we didn't even notice when Kristin came along". It seemed to be said in the best way possible :) But yes, you can plan on being tired for a while. I am just glad mine are close in age because while it was a long haul without sleep, now, I know I don't have to do it again!!!