Friday, November 12, 2010

Driving Me Crazy!

What do you do when you are stressed? Some drink, run, scream, we all have our escapes. I usually clean. There are worse ways of dealing with stress I realize though admitting it like this does make it sound really lame so "housewifey" which, eewww, I am just not!!! Well I am, I guess, but I never think of myself as a housewife. More like ruler of our small world. It has a much better ring to it. Today I went through half a jar of Bon Ami, a large handful of toothpicks (what, you don't clean with toothpicks?) destroyed a sponge, and have much less skin on my hands. My stove however is sparkling. So much so that now I really need to clean the cabinet doors and mop the floor. No worries, I am sure my motivation for that will wake up any minute now.

The kids have had some good days lately, really good days, but wow, there have been some tough moments too. Like today when Otto was screaming so loud in the car I was afraid someone would call child services. We had the windows up. He was screaming because when he screams I refuse to engage him and he wanted me to talk to him. It didn't get better for almost and hour after we got home. Hence the very clean stove.

When they haven't been destroying my last nerves, they have been complete angels. I am not kidding,
They choose to sit like this. The camera just happened to be close by so I caught it.

This too is not posed.
That is Mette dancing in the background.
Otto has really been wanting to take pictures lately. He is getting really good at lining up his subject. He took this photo and I have not cropped or edited it at all!
During most of this drama, Mette has been very sweet. Today she wanted to keep me company while I cleaned and sang songs to me. Then she curled up on the floor. I just thought she was being cute. On closer inspection....

She had fallen asleep. It was close to nap time, but still. This is the kitchen floor and she was talking to me just a second ago!

Thank goodness it is Friday is all I have to say. Not only that, grandparents are coming down from the cabin tomorrow so Eric and I can go on a real date!!! I am so excited. Are we there yet?

1 comment:

JAZ said...

do you and mette have matching pigtails?! that would be awesome! those pictures are too cute for words.