Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A picture is worth a 1,000 words

For over two weeks now Otto has not been napping. We are working on quiet time and some days are more successful than others. He spends quiet time in the library with a few toys, many books, comfy blankets and cozy places to snuggle. After a crazy morning and hectic lunchtime I was very much looking forward to a quiet quiet time where i could get something done. That didn't happen. Mette had a hard time falling asleep and Otto was bouncing off the walls. He was quiet for a while and I madly threw something together for dinner and prepared to fold laundry and clean downstairs, that's when I smelled it. Our living room is directly under the library and down the open stairwell was wafting the unmistakable smell of nail polish. I should say that i paint my nails axp. three times a year and have a few colors stashed here and there. I pay no mind to where they are since i never use them. Until now. I followed my nose and found Otto in the library looking like this.



I did a quick survey and found the carpet, couch and chair all to be free of paint. Then I started laughing because what else can you do at this point? My biggest regret is the fact that the color is a fleshy color and you can't really see it in the pictures. Trust me, the better part of his face is covered. Both cheeks and a big swipe across the forehead. When I asked him how he thought we should get it off he responded with "mommy, I don't want to take it off, I think i look stylish". I am going to ply him with netflix and attempt to wipe it off with warm water and a washcloth.

It should be noted that two days ago while I was taking mette to the potty Otto dumped an entire container of Gatorade dust on the kitchen table and made a dessert complete with cacti. He was so proud when I came in to see him.

Why do I have the feeling that this is going to be a long winter?






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: