Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Washing Chewbacca

We bathe our children in our bathroom because we have a huge wonderful old tub in a room where every wall is covered in tile almost five feet up. It is perfect for splashing and sudsing. They take a bath together every night and despite the fact that they have plenty of room to spread out, they usually sit touching knees or backs the whole time. They really love taking baths together and the being right next to each other rarely ends in tears. I am touching everything wood while I write this. In fact they have started playing together a lot lately. They make up games and chase each other squealing with delight. It is the greatest thing ever.

Otto is obsessed with STAR WARS lately. He hasn't seen the movie but he has some of my brothers old 12" figures and lots of plot stories from Eric. He has given it his own twist, fx. in his role playing c3po and the stormtroopers are friends. Today I over heard this conversation while Luke and Obi-wan were chasing each other.

Obi-wan(mette)- Oh no, my light saber is broken
Luke(Otto)- that's ok, I can fix it
Luke fixes K-Nex homemade light saber we now all carry
Obi-wan- thanks Luke

Running like crazy people continues

They are too much sometimes.








Last night in the bath Obi-wan (who is now Otto, you have to stay on your toes with the roll playing and who is who though Otto is quick to correct you) wanted to give Chewbacca (mette) a bath. Washing Otto every night is often a challenge as having water poured on him is more sensory input then he can often handle, Mette does not have this problem. I told him it was fine as long as Mette liked it.

She LOVED it.








She let him pour repeated bowls of water on her until she was soaked and laughing!


Even when the whole was dumped on her face, she was cool. I love how you can see Otto, I'm sorry, Obi-wan's, tongue sticking out and a hint of the huge smile he had showing he was loving this too.


He then asked Chewie to stick out her tongue so her could make a waterfall.


She kindly obliged.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Kristin, Max's Mom said...

CUTE OVERLOAD! I think you have the cutest kids ever. I love that they are into Star Wars. Aaron and I were obsessed with the movies and toys for years. :)