Friday, December 17, 2010

She Bangs

Help Needed.

The time has come to address the mop that is Mette's hair. It is always in her eyes which I feel bad about and if I pull it back half the time she takes it out right away. Plus, it is now hat season and pigtails and hats don't really mix. My long term goal is for her to have long hair because that seems easier to deal with but it think we need some shaping and while I am not a huge bang fan, I think she needs bangs.

What do you think??? It should be said that I am the hair stylist in the house. I cut eric and Otto's hair along with my mom's and lately I have even started cutting my own hair. Cutting their hair and even trimming my own hair is really easy. Cutting bangs in Mette's hair and shaping the rest will be a new challenge.

I am sure though that no matter how much she screams it can't be worse than cutting Otto's hair. I am grounded enough to know that it might be AS bad, but I have seen Mette loose it and I know while it may be tough, Otto still has her beat in the "freak out" ability. My hunch though is the required hair cutting lollipop will go a LONG way with her and I won't have too much of a problem.

That being said, if you have experience with this sort of thing, please send me your advice. I am looking for all the help I can get.

4 comments:

Just like Stella Used to Make said...

I used to cut the boys hair when they were asleep. Actually worked out well. I was even able to roll them over and get the back. Or a video right in there face. Like on the counter.

The Skeptic Educator said...

My mom used to cut my bangs by putting a piece of scotch tape across them (straight!) and cutting through the tape. This ensured straight bangs (or, as straight as the tape...) and a very quick process, at least in my memory.

Maybe that helps?

Kelli said...

I had the same decision to make but I really wanted Hanna's hair to long. I bought clips and I clip her hair to the side so it is out of her eyes and it works well with a hat. Or I just pull the top back into a top pony. Her bangs are much longer now, down past her nose which is making things much much easier. If you can get that far then I would imagine (I am really hoping) it will be smooth sailing from there.

phoebe said...

Thank you for all of your ideas! I think since Mette has a very strong part and the start of natural sweeping bangs, I am going to run with that. I will trim hair that gets in her eyes all the time in the front and feather it into the rest. As for the back I am just going to trim the ends. We need to nip the mullet look in the butt!! I will be sure to take many photos and post soon!