Sunday, December 19, 2010

The First Chop

The reason we needed to cut mette's hair for the first time....


No matter what i do, she always has hair in here face. It falls out of pigtails and she won't tolerate clips for more than a minute or two.


So tonight after dinner while she was eating a bowl of peaches i got out the spray bottle and went to work.


She was mildly interested in what was going on but as long as i didn't interfere with the eating of the peaches, she was fine.


There was no squirming, no tears, it was amazing.


I even got the bangs in without drama. I went a bit short with them so they don't need to be trimmed next week. I evened up the back a fair amount because while you're there and it is going so well, you might as well go for it.


All of that good behavior was rewarded with some mini M&M's.


Showing off her freshly washed new pixie cut.


The little bit of curl in her hair makes it so forgiving.


We waited until she was almost two to cut her hair for the first time, if only that kept her smaller longer. I can't even go down the "my baby is getting so big" road, because i am not ready for that. She is still my baby. Right?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: