Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

I have a backlog of about a million blog posts that I have been wanting to get to but haven't had time (really sorry about that) but I had to share one quick story on Mother's Day.

Today, eric was extra kind and let me sleep in, despite Mette getting up at 5:30. He even brought me breakfast in bed at a much more humane hour. I was still snuggled in bed with my coffee when Mette came bounding into our room.

She came running up to me and said "Happy Mother's Day Mommy!!!"

How cute, I thought, eric must have sent her up. Then she got all excited and said, "I have a special present for you" With this, she attempted to climb on the bed to show me her "special present".

Special is one way to describe it. In her hand was the instruction manual for Otto's new booster seat, proving she this was a mission of her own design. She was so excited to give it to me. She snuggled into the bed next to me and asked me to read it to her.

So I did. We made it five whole pages before she lost interest.

I am guessing it is going to take a long time before any gift tops that one!

Hoping you had a wonderful Mother's Day, or just plain great Sunday.

I now have my dress for the wedding made and eric is finally done teaching and final projects have been delivered. Let the blogging begin again. Including pictures of my dress which is awesome!!!


No comments: